Today we have Anurag Garg, author of the bestseller – LOVE WILL FIND A WAY with us to share his thoughts.
- Tell us about yourself.
I’d really describe myself as a person with a versatile skill-set, a lot of integrity and a willingness to go the extra mile to pursue my dreams. Perhaps the best way to let you know what I’m about is to make you read my books. I have written 3 Books – ‘A Half-Baked Love Story’, ‘Love Not For Sale’, and my latest release ‘Love Will Find a Way’. You will find me somewhere in the protagonists of my stories.
- What brought you into the field of words? It was a personal experience which compelled me to write. I am an introvert and so for me, there was no better way than writing down my journey. It is always to good to let go of what is not yours, good or bad. I found words in place of wounds, this is how it all began.
- What is your approach to writing? For me, writing is like meditation. It has more power than what we think. My approach is to bring social change through the power of storytelling. So most of my stories revolve around some cause and I love to blend it with other human emotions.
- What do you think is/are the disadvantage of being a writer? The constant pressure to be better than others in the same genre. As the market is growing, it is becoming really competitive. It sometimes kills your creativity but at the same time, it helps you grow.
- Do you rather prefer popularity or contentment with your works? Contentment any day. I would never enjoy fame if I’m not happy with my own work. Popularity will tag along if you are true to your work.
- What was your greatest difficulty in writing and how did you overcome it?
You call it writer’s block. It really happens and it’s very frustrating. You just run out of ideas. I prefer to travel and overcome the blocks. It helps!
- What are your upcoming ventures?
I am writing my fourth book which revolves around social media. Also, I will be working as a managing editor in a recently established publishing house – HalfCrow.
- What is your success mantra? Just have faith in yourself. Do what you like, everything else will just follow.
- As a writer, what do you think your commitment to society is? I think we are the most responsible people. It really matters what we write and especially my readers are all young people so for me I have to be really careful with what I express. It is really important as a writer to bring up issues which are not talked about in a very mindful way.
- What is your advice to budding writers or any special message to readers?
Just believe in your story. Never give up! Your love for your passion will surely find a way. And yes, do read my books!
Grab your copy from Amazon