Today at Meet the @uthor … we have Divyam Kaushik author of “Love Me Like You Do.” He is also the contributing author of two anthologies, “Strings of Love” and “The Turning Point of Life.” Lets see what he wants to share with you all …….. 🙂
- What is writing for you?
- Writing is a hobby turned addiction for me. I find peace when I write. And also, because sometimes just breathing is not enough. Breathing is boring, and for me writing is the new sexy.
- What are you trying to convey through your story ‘Love me Like You Do’?
- I didn’t try to convey anything. I just wanted to tell a story, a college romance that people could relate to.
- Your strong field in writing is Erotica and how do you think people will take it, considering how society works?
- I don’t write Erotica for society. I write it for myself and my readers. And if people can accept E.L James and Sylvia Day, then why not Divyam Kaushik?
- You are an amazing designer too; you prefer to be known for your design and sketches or writing?
- Designing is my profession. And writing is my love. I want to be known for my writing, of course and have a designing venture beside it.
- How do you build a plot/characters?
- All the characters are sketched from my personal experience. I take the plot from what I’ve faced in life, of what I’ve seen people facing in their lives.
- If you can be a character in a story, who will it be and why?
- I would love to be Harry Potter and use the magic wands and spells to make this world more joyful.
- What was your greatest difficulty in writing and how did you overcome it?
- There was not much difficulty I guess. I just turned on my laptop and started writing. Although, I did get stuck at some points, but my friends helped me out.
- Which is your favorite book and why?
- The Da Vinci Code.
It’s so compelling that several times I came close to cardiac arrest… As perfectly constructed as the Paris architecture it escorts us around. Its jam-packed with tricks. A book length scavenger hunt that Dan Brown escorts us around.
The Shiva Trilogy
I loved Amish Tripathi’s imagination… There couldn’t be a better portrayal of my favorite deity Lord Shiva in the coolest Avatar. Such a wonderful book. Will keep you at the edge till the last page.
- As a writer what do you think your commitment to society is?
- .. I guess, I just want to tell lots and lots of stories. And break a stereotype with Erotica.
- What are your upcoming ventures?
- I have an Erotic Thriller coming up later this year. It’ll be the first installment in it’s trilogy. And trust me, if you liked Fifty Shades, you’ll love Entwined Trilogy.
Grab a copy of LOVE ME LIKE YOU DO at – http://www.amazon.in/Love-me-like-You-do/dp/9384315109